Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wavehill Spring

last week was nice,
And the week before that for that matter. The weeks seem to be flying by and I can't keep up with blogging all that I have learned. At first I was blogging everyday and then once a week and now it seems every two weeks. The work days are so full of different activities that need to get done, because it is spring, that before I know it is is Friday again. Another thing I have been dealing with is getting used to the schedule. I am so tired at the end of everyday, If I didn't live with my boyfriend, who is amazing and has dinner ready for me when I get home from work almost every night I don't know what I would do.

Well lets get down to it. Pricking is the process of pulling apart tiny little seedlings that have grown up together and potting them up into tiny little pots. This is a big task this time of year because of how many seedlings Wavehill does each season. Unlike other gardens they still propagate a huge amount of their own plants.
I have also been working in the dry garden on divisions of different herbs, mints, and oregano. I also learned the three d's of pruning, meaning you can prune anytime of year if these conditions are present. Thd d's are disease, dead, and damaged.

I will be starting a new watering area this week which is kinda sad because I have become very attached to the palm house. But I will still be working with the same gardener I worked with last week. Also this weekend will be my first weekend that I work. This means starting today I will be working seven days in a row.

Have a good week folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment